Full Day Summer Art Camp, Ages 5-13, Session 2
- Start Date:
- Jul 13, 2020
- Finish date:
- Jul 17, 2020
- 350.00 USD Per Session
- Georgetown School of Arts
- Ages 5-13
Dear Parents, We want to have a fun and healthy art camp in our studio. To that end and in accordance with the State of CT these are the steps we are taking.
- We will only have 5 students per camp.
- Each child's temp will be taken outside before they can enter the camp room. If there is a temp, they will be turned away for that day.
- We will have individual packages of student’s daily tools: pencils, flairs, sharpies, paintbrushes, erasers, H2O paint box, etc.
- Shared tools will be disinfected daily, markers, pastels. This will be done with an alcohol or other spray.
- Students are to wash hands before use. (perhaps washing between projects)
- Students and teachers wear masks but masks can be taken off outside with safe distancing. We are planning as much outdoor time as weather permits.
- Hand washing, hand washing, hand washing.
- Students wash before and after using bathroom.
- Students will be seated at a safe distance in and out of doors.
- The room will be sanitized each day after camp.
These fun summer art camps are designed for students ages 5 - 8 and 9 - 13. Projects will be customized for each age group. Each day is comprised of a full day of creating fine art, some of which may include drawing, painting, mask making, sculpture, bookmaking, cartooning, collage, print making, and group projects. Story telling, music making and movement will also be added as time allows. Activities will take place in and out of doors depending on the weather. Students will explore a variety of mediums and be encouraged to break artistic boundaries and express their creativity in new and exciting ways. A compilation of the week’s activities may end up in an art show or small performance for the parents. During our camp session we will have a lunch break and play art and theater games.
These camps will run Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The classes are open to a maximum of five (5) students per session, and students may sign up for continuous weeks and not repeat camp activities. The teaching staff is comprised of skilled area artists trained by Paint, Draw & More!
Parents please provide lunch, snack and smock for all camps.